Sweet Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
I created this dish one night a few weeks ago when I was craving stir fry, but wanted a sweet and peanut flavored sauce. I just kept mixing ingredients together for the sauce until it tasted like what I was imagining. I LOVE this sauce! This was also a great way to use up some carrots, broccoli, and celery from the vegetable bin. I normally wouldn’t have thrown celery into a stir fry, but it added a great crunch. You could also throw some peanuts in for even more crunch, but I didn’t have any on hand. This is definitely a dish I’ll be making again!
Chicken Peanut Stir Fry
recipe by me!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2-3 cups of vegetables (I used a mix of carrots, celery, and broccoli)
- peanuts (optional)
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until done.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, red-pepper flakes, peanut butter, rice vinegar, ginger, and honey. Whisk until smooth. Add to skillet, and cook with chicken for 3 minutes.
Add vegetables to skillet, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve over rice.