Top 11 Recipes of 2011
With 2012 right around the corner, it’s time to reflect on 2011. Today I’d like to share my favorite recipes from the last year (in chronological order)….
1. Caribbean Chicken Kebabs with Lime-Cayenne Butter- Hands down, the best thing we grilled all year long. Great flavors, and also goes well with beef and shrimp.
2. Fig Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula- The recipe that started my fig obsession. Sweet fig preserves paired with salty prosciutto and cheese….I don’t think I will ever get tired of this pizza. Craving it right now!
3. Pumpkin Waffles- My first time using our waffle maker. The beginning of the Waffle Revolution at our house, and the best waffle recipe I tried all year long (and I tried quite a few!).
4. Cajun Chicken Pasta- (no photo). One of my favorite dishes ever. So easy to make, and easy to adapt for a large dinner party.
5. Beef With Peppers- This has become my go-to stir fry dish when I’m craving Asian takeout. I love the flavors and the slight spiciness of this dish!
6. Bacon Wrapped Figs- Heavenly little morsels! A great appetizer or snack, but good luck sharing them with anyone else. You’ll want to eat them all!
7. Crockpot Whole Chicken-The easiest way to cook a whole chicken. Produces a tender, juicy, flavorful chicken that can be used in soups, casseroles, or eaten straight out of the crockpot.
8. Fall Salad with Butternut Squash and Apple Butter Vinaigrette- The beginning of my current salad obsession. This one has several of my favorite things: butternut squash, goat cheese, pecans, and dried cranberries. A great side dish for Fall.
9. Winter Berry Salad Wreath with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing- This salad not only looks gorgeous but tastes delicious too. Not too difficult to make, and great for when you want to impress. Perfect for brunch, potluck dinners, or holiday parties.
10. Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Cilantro Pesto- Primal cooking at it’s best. The Cilantro Pesto is out of this world!
11. Pomegranate Hazelnut Holiday Salad with Maple Bacon Dressing- yes, this was my most recent post, and yes, this is the third salad on my Top 11 List, but this one is just too delicious not to include. I love pomegranate and bacon. Especially together.