Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I have been drinking lots of smoothies lately. I usually have one for breakfast, but they make great snacks too! The great thing about smoothies is that they are SO flexible! The Littlest Apple also enjoyed smoothies (for a while, anyway), and he got a splash of heavy cream in his! After reading about “green” smoothies on many different blogs, I started throwing a handful of spinach in too. You can’t even tell it’s there! I usually do a dash of this and a handful of that, so I’m going to do my best to give you a recipe….
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 banana (the riper, the better)
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen work great too!)
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (I use plain, but flavored could be good too!)
- 1-2 cups of milk, depending on your preferred consistency
- honey (if needed for sweetener)
Blend and enjoy! This makes plenty to share.