I’ve been tagged for two separate memes, and I’ve really been procrastinating with my responses. But here they are, finally, so for the few of you out there reading that don’t know me in real life (and maybe even if you do), hopefully this will help you learn something new about me. I really wanted to include some pictures, by my printer/scanner was broken by my devil-cat, so the pictures will have to wait.
First, I was tagged by Deborah of Taste and Tell so here goes…
Rules: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. 2. Share 5 facts about yourself 3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them). 4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Five facts about myself:
1. I have extremely neat handwriting. People always comment on it.
2. My favorite store is J. Crew. I’m pretty sure at least half my wardrobe is from there. Kind of boring, right?
3. This is going to make me sound so dorky and young, but my favorite TV show of all time is Felicity. The writing is so smart and funny, and I loved all the drama. I think it also just takes me back to when I was in college because the show was on the air when I was in college. But seriously folks. I feel a little ashamed that I still watch it so much. I have all 4 seasons on DVD and watched all of them, most recently, last summer, late in my pregnancy, while I was at home with nothing to do. I watch the whole series in marathon sessions at least once a year. And for those of you familiar with the show and wanting to know my take on Ben vs. Noel….Ben. Always Ben. In fact, I’m feeling the urge to start another marathon right now…
4. My favorite color is pink.
5. I started my own law firm straight out of law school. I stopped practicing law to stay home when my son was born.
And in case that didn’t give you a good enough glimpse into who I am, I was also tagged by Elle of Feeding My Enthusiasms, for another meme. So here’s some further info about me….
INSTRUCTIONS: Select five people to tag: I’m still new to blogging, so I don’t really feel comfortable yet picking anyone. I know, I’m a lame-o.
Here are the things to blog about:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
1998 – I was a freshman in college at the University of Texas….having my worst academic semester of all, but having a great time doing way too much partying at sorority events and Texas Spirits events. I had a 3.8 GPA going in to this semester, and got a little too comfortable, thinking I didn’t really need to study. Or go to class. But most importantly, 10 years ago I was also just starting to date my husband. I kept asking him to all of the aforementioned events, and being the homebody that he is, he kept turning me down. Luckily for him, I persisted, and wore him down (hmmmm, much like now…) until he finally went on a date with me. Incidentally, he got a 4.0 that semester. What a smarty pants.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Practicing law; experiencing some unpleasant morning sickness while pregnant with my son.
Five snacks you enjoy:
3. Yogurt and granola
4. Nuts, preferably pecans or almonds
5. Bagels and cream cheese. My favorite combo is an Asiago cheese bagel with spinach artichoke cream cheese from a local bagel shop.
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Pay off debt
2. Finish decorating the house, or maybe buy a bigger house
3. Buy a new car
4. Go on a shopping spree at the Galleria
5. Take a trip to France and Italy
Five bad habits:
1. Spending too much time online
2. Not returning phone calls to friends in a timely manner
3. Staying up too late when I should be going to bed early. (I’m still getting up with my son several times a night.)
4. Trying on lots of outfits every time I get dressed, then just throwing the stuff I decide not to wear on the floor of the closet instead of hanging it back up.
5. Not cleaning out my refrigerator often enough.
Five things you like doing:
2. Cooking and baking
3. Looking at the internet….food blogs, fashion and beauty blogs
4. Spending time with my husband
5. Making my son smile
Five things you would never wear again:
1. Flannel pajamas. They look so cozy, but I’m a nightgown girl.
2. Turtlenecks. Hate the way they feel.
3. Birkenstock sandals
4. Pleated pants
5. Long flowered dresses
Five favorite toys:
1. My new MacBook. My husband gave it to me for Christmas
2. My camera
3. My KitchenAid Mixer.
4. My DVR-indispensable for recording stuff to watch after The Littlest Apple goes to bed.
5. My CuisinArt Thermal Grind and Brew coffeemaker. Coffee is an important part of my day.